Smart Start of Transylvania County is looking for volunteers for its Lily Pad Resource Library!
The Lily Pad Resource Library is an on-site resource center that has an array of materials available for teachers and childcare professionals.
If you would like to make a difference in pre-school children’s lives and learn about all the exciting work teachers and childcare professionals in Transylvania County are doing, please consider joining the volunteers at Smart Start!
We need volunteers to assist in managing a vast inventory of learning kits for classroom instruction.
Smart Start of Transylvania County is part of the North Carolina Partnership for Children, a nationally recognized, award-winning early childhood initiative designed to ensure young children enter school healthy and ready to succeed. We promote positive early learning experiences and coordinated community services for families and teachers, so by age five every child is healthy and prepared to succeed.
- Assist teachers/childcare professionals with checking out and returning learning kits
- Process returned learning kits
- Laminate classroom materials
- Good communication skills and able to relate with the public in a friendly and helpful manner
- Organized and detail oriented
- Flexible hours, one or two days per week for a period of two hours per day
- Volunteer time options: Monday through Thursday – 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- Making a contribution to and being part of a Team that is committed to making a positive difference in the lives of our pre-school children!
If interested, please contact Smart Start at 877-3025 or by email:
Deb Tibbetts, Executive Director at email@example.com
September Ferguson Fisher, Program Director at firstname.lastname@example.org